Friday, January 28, 2011

Jessie







Ella's school was having a 'dress as your favorite storybook character' today...

not sure if "jessie" from toy story falls in to this catagory.. but it's who she wanted to be. I was just going to have her wear her Jessie PJ"s but then took a look at Jessie and realized that her wardrobe would be pretty easy to duplicate, and it was!!

I just used an old pair of jeans, made the 'chaps', they are only attached at the top of her thighs and have elastics around the knee. I used an old white t-shirt and added the yellow, and hot glued the red rope (totally crappy job close up, lol!) I used some brown cordory for the belt and did a double yellow fabric with heat and bond for the buckle (and does up with velcro). The hat was the trickiest but still worked out ok'ish. I used red felt and a super stiff, stiffiner (from fabricland) in the middle of 2 felt peices for the brim, and just felt for the hat part. I poked holes with a sissor and threaded the white cording around. I should have made it a smidgen bigger as it just sits on her head, and doesn't really go on. Next time!

She was quite pleased with it, and really I was too for an afternoons worth of work!

2 comments: