Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dresser Make Over







So we've been keeping our eye's out for dressers for the girls. We looked at new, but they are pricey, even for a basic one. So finally found a great on Kijiji; a 5 peice set for $80. Jay had to drive to Vermilion (30min) but I think it was worth it. It was a tall 4 drawer dresser, a long 9 drawer dresser, 2 night tables and a large mirro (have yet to do the mirror).


I was lazy and didn't want to tackly sanding everything so got a bondable primer and did 2 coats of it and then a white gloss spray paint over top. I accented with a dark pink, which I love! Hardware always seems to be the expensive part of a 'makeover' so I opted to spray the existing hardware, and I think this is my favorite part of the makeover, love how they turned out! Not sure how long they will last, might have needed a primer first, guess we'll see..


So in all, here is the break down:
dressers $80
primer $28
Brushes $6
spray paint $12
pink craft paint $0.94
Total for all pieces: $126.94 cheaper than even 1 dresser new! and way cuter than I could have bought!

I have a close up of the detail on top of the dresser. Not the work of a perfectionist, the work of a productionist :). Also a close up of the hardware. ( I have a hard time moving text and pictures around on blogger so sorry they are kinda all over the place, but I was losing patience!)





































1 comment: