Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cookie Contest

So the past 3 years our local radio station has a cookie contest.. and I've entered and won... 2x :). So the competitor in me needs to win again. Not so much for the prize ($100 gift card at Sobey's) but for the title. I'm surprised at how competitive I feel. ha ha

It's been fun trying to figure out what to make and how to 'present' them. I played around with a Rollo cookie, a chocolate thumb print cookie with a marscapone cheese filling, and a nanaimo bar cookie. But the winner (in my mind) is a Turtle Cookie I came up with. It's a chocolate chip cookie base with pecans, chocolate and caramel pieces. I topped them with homemade caramel and chocolate dipped pecans and a sprinkle of sea salt. Unfortunately Jayme (my chief taste tester) and I have been coming off a head cold and our taste buds aren't up 100% yet. From what I can tell, they taste pretty good.


**update**
So I didn't win this year :( didn't even place.. oh well, there's always next year.













































































































































4 comments:

  1. You should have won, those sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, we still love your baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well even if you did not win I still want to try one, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those look amazing...I love caramel so you totally would have won if I was the judge!

    ReplyDelete