Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First... but not the last I'm sure..

So Jett had his first big tumble today.
He fell down our deck stairs. He was playing Russian roulette and I was just getting off my seat, half stride there when he started his decent. It seriously seemed like it took him 5min to fall down the stairs, and I was chasing after him but just couldn't catch him, I could hear myself screaming at ever step he hit! He landed on soft grass, but still bouncing down wooden steps has got to HURT! I just yelled at the girls to get inside with me and for once they listen well.

Once I got him in side and assessed the situation, I felt he was fine. It didn't get to the ugly crying, which is good. After some cuddles and a drink from his bottle he was fine. He does have a bit of road rash on the side of his one eye, and not really a black eye, but a bruised/red/swollen one. I wonder what it will look like tomorrow. Yes I know I should have a pic, I will take one tomorrow. 20min after the incident he was roaming around, being himself. So all ended well. Until the next time the boy in him comes out.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad he's ok besides the scratches. Kids bodies are pretty good for handeling that stuff. Hopefully not another tumble for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids do get more owies the more mobile they get too. My kids had permabruise on their foreheads when they first started walking.

    ReplyDelete