Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Diner...

So a couple fun things at diner tonight.... I was at the sink, cooling the cauliflower and Jay was getting Ella to say the blessing on diner. I do the one eyed peek to see who's doing what (aka make sure nobodies eating) and what do I see.... my little man Jett sitting in his high chair with his arms folded participating in family prayer, it was so STINK'N CUTE!! It brought a tear to my eye, that he's that grown up already and that he's picked that up already. I have to admit we haven't even taught or done it with him, figuring he's too young. He showed us!

And also, I got good deal on breaded sole fillets today at superstore; 50% off (reg. $13.99 so $7 for 2 meals= $3.50 for a fish meal, pretty good!) anyways the girls were asking what was for diner, what i was making and we've learned we can't call it fish, so i was stalling/ignoring the question and Ella says "Mom it's like Chicken Nuggets!" So that's what we went with. Well wouldn't you know it was the first think off BOTH girls plates! I was quite excited. They've liked fish before when we've served it, but that was last summer (when I was on a more healthy kick) and really it's a crap shoot every day what they'll eat from one day to another. But I was just happy they ate a very healthy meal. Oh and they both gobbled up their cauliflower too, but Ella is a free that way. She LOVES broccoli and cauliflower.

So diner time went quite well tonight! and I'm off tomorrow to buy more Sole!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous your kids will eat that kind of stuff!! And too cute about Jett. I love it when babies pick things up like that. He's growing up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete