Saturday, May 16, 2009

Potato Salad...

So if you are a relative, on Jayme's side, then I'm sure the first thing you thought of when you read my title is Grandma Hough's potato salad; it's the BOMB.

So I thought I'd give it a go and make it for our Church potluck tomorrow. I feel like I'm pretty proficient in the kitchen so shouldn't be too hard... well. .. how many times have I called Grandma over the last 24hours? Seriously alot! I'm kinda a stickler for details in recipes and she gives recipes like I give them (a taste of my own medicine I guess). I'll have to give her credit. I never really knew how much effort went in to one of her big bowls of potato goodness. But now I know.

It might of helped if I didn't try to do a massive about, using 10lbs of potatoes and 14 eggs. And who knew that Super stores eggs would be so fresh that they would not peel!! What a pain. So sorry Lloyd branch if there are some shell's in your potato salad tomorrow. I ended up having to mix it all together in my big roasting pan, with my bare (gloved) hands! (If you watch Diners Drive-ins and Dives then you'll know this is actually how all the good places it do it :) ). Jayme did taste it and said it does seem pretty close. At that point I was just aiming for eatable.

So hats off to Grandma Hough and her potato salad...

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Grandma's is the best but I'm sure yours is number 2....minus the egg shells!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahah! I was laughing so hard. I did the same thing when we were in Texas i called a thousand times cause i did'ent know how much a squirt of this and a glob of that, actally was. Grandma really does do it by taste i guess. Mine turned out ok Im sure your's is better, but really i dont think anyone could top Grandma's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm..sounds yummy! Maybe we'll just say the shells are potato chips :)

    ReplyDelete